Are you looking for ways to make a little side cash? We’re not talking money you’re going to retire on or even pay your mortgage with, but a little extra spending cash. With enough avenues of different income streams, you can build yourself a nice stream of passive income.
One way to make side cash is with online surveys. Answering questions for brands and products help shape the products and services you see in the future. Since there are hundreds of survey sites available today, we’re reviewing one of the most popular sites – i-Say. In this review, we let you know how it works.
What is i-Say?
Ipsos i-Say is an online survey platform that asks you questions and rewards you for your answers. All you need to sign up is your email, birthdate, and a password.
After you sign up, you’ll answer some simple questions about yourself, which helps i-Say provide you with tailored surveys. After that, you’re set to make money. Before you move forward, we recommend adding ‘Ipsos i-Say’s email address’ to your ‘safe’ email addresses so the survey invitations don’t end up in spam.
How it Works
After you complete your profile questions, i-Say sends emails letting you know when a survey is available. This won’t happen all that often – typically a half a dozen times per month. Make sure you download the i-Say mobile app and check for surveys yourself for additional points.
Every time you complete an i-Say survey, you’ll receive points, but the number of points you receive depends on the length and complexity of the survey. The longer it takes, the more points you earn. i-Say adds the points to your account within minutes of completing a survey.
You may also earn points if you don’t pass the survey screening. This is a handful of questions you answer before the actual survey. Whether the survey is full or you don’t meet the demographics, i-Say rewards you with five points.
Other Ways to Earn with i-Say
i-Say runs a few promotions to help boost your points earnings. They include:
- Loyalty program – Every time you complete a specific increment of surveys, i-Say rewards you with bonus points. For every five surveys you complete, you earn an extra 25 points; for every ten surveys, you earn 50 points; and for every 25 surveys, you earn 100 points. The bonus points keep increasing until you complete 200 surveys in a row.
- Click Draw – Every time you complete a survey, you’re entered into a drawing to win 5,000 i-Say points. i-Say draws ten names every four months.
- Poll Predictor – After you complete a survey, i-Say lets you predict the % of poll takers that answered ‘yes’ to the most recent poll. If you have the closest answer, you’ll get entries into the prize drawing, which they draw every other week.
- Trivia – Answer the weekly trivia answer right, and you’ll get an entry into the drawing for 1 of 5 Amazon.ca gift cards.
You need a minimum of 1,000 points to redeem your i-Say points. i-Say offers a variety of great gift cards you can redeem your points for including:
- Gift cards to restaurants such as iHop, Burger King, and Chili’s
- Merchandise gift cards such as Kitchen Aid, Lenovo, and Dyson
- Retail gift cards such as 1-800 Flowers, AutoZone, and Barnes and Noble
- Entertainment gift cards such as AMC and Spotify
Pros and Cons of i-Say
- User-friendly – Anyone can sign up and easily use the i-Say user interface. It’s easy to find surveys, check your points, and redeem them.
- Bonus points – If you stay dedicated and consistent, you can boost your earnings power with loyalty points.
- I-Say is mobile friendly – You can log into your i-Say account from your mobile phone or if you receive an invite, download the app.
- Few surveys – Survey invitations don’t come as often as many would like, and when they do, they fill up fast.
- 1,000 points minimum – You need 1,000 points to get a gift card, which can take quite a while when you only get a few surveys a month.
Is i-Say legitimate? Yes, absolutely. Will you get rich using it? No, you won’t. But, it can be a way to pass the time and make some money while doing it. If you use it to make side cash, it can be a nice stream of passive income (or gift cards).